The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist; information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
Inclement Weather Policy
SAFETY IS PRIORITY.
Our staff understands that our decision to open, close or delay operations during inclement weather can be inconvenient. But, as always, our top priority is the safety of our client’s and staff, so the decision to close or delay opening is not an easy one.
HOW DO WE MAKE OUR DECISION?
Please understand that we make the decision to open or close the office in bad weather based on a careful analysis of all relevant factors, including:
- Information on road conditions from local law enforcement and road crews
- Amount of snow and/or ice accumulated
- Whether precipitation will continue throughout the day
- Weather predictions (including those from a weather alert service)
- Storm timing, trajectory and projection
- Building conditions (such as whether our building’s electricity and/or heat service is disrupted)
- Parking lot conditions
*Generally, Best Life Therapeutics will be closed or delayed for inclement weather when local Fairfax County school district and federal government are both closed or delayed. Still, our center has its own exclusive circumstance. Please call us for the most up-to-date information in each unique situation: 571-455-5206.
WHEN IS THE DECISION MADE?
We strive to make the decision to as soon as possible. The school is typically the first entity to make a decision, and we typically follow suit soon after or earlier so we can notify client’s immediately via email, voice recording, or our secure messaging system. Please keep in mind that unusual weather conditions may force us to make the decision after this time. It is quite possible that parking or building issues could arise and not be discovered until later in the day and in those cases, decisions on office closure may be made then.
WILL WE CLOSE THE OFFICE IF CONDITIONS WORSEN?
If conditions worsen throughout the day, we may need to have an early closure, but we will give as much notice as possible through the previously mentioned methods of communication. We encourage you to consider driving conditions. Although we do our absolute best in this process, we know that often no perfect decision exists. If you do not feel that it is safe to attend, use your best judgment whether or not he or she should attend. We prefer to exercise flexibility in these situations as opposed to an inflexible policy.
ARE THERE OTHER OPTIONS TO BE SEEN ON A SNOW DAY?
We do utilize a telehealth system called doxy.me. It is up to you and your therapist to determine if this will be an appropriate method to carry out your session on a snow day. If you agree to participate in a video session and fail to attend, you will be charged a cancellation/no show fee. For more details about this service, feel free to talk to your therapist.